Careers – Multiple Access Communications Ltd – MAC Ltd
At Multiple Access Communications Limited (MAC Ltd) we have been providing world class products and design services to the global mobile communications industry for over 30 years. We have built an outstanding reputation within the industry, which is a testament to the high quality and professionalism of our engineering team. Our customers rely on us to solve difficult problems and help them handle complexity. They value our independent voice and our position at the forefront of wireless technology innovation.
We are currently looking for software and FPGA engineers and would be interested to hear from you if you fit either of the following descriptions. Though, note that we won’t pigeon-hole you, so if you want to work across both areas then that will be possible.
To apply for either role please send us your CV with a brief covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Software Engineer
We currently have vacancies in our team for enthusiastic and motivated software engineers to help us to continue to deliver innovative solutions to our customers’ most challenging engineering problems. Suitable candidates will be experienced degree-qualified engineers with expertise in some or all of the following areas
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) design, including Qt
- A range of programming languages, including C++ and SQL
- A range of operating systems, including Windows and Linux
- Formalised software requirements capture, design, development and testing methods, including the use of UML or SysML.
- Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- DSP software design and embedded software
- Device drivers
You will be leading the software development of new communications systems and products and you will participate in all phases of a project. Working within a small/medium enterprise (SME) means that you will have the opportunity to interact with our customers and you will be able to see the impact that your work is having on the continued success of the company.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Firmware Engineer – Graduate or Experienced
You’re not an FPGA Engineer. You’re not a Software Engineer. You’re not a Digital Signal Processing Engineer. To us you’re all these things and more.
As an Engineer looking to develop your career in wireless communications, it’s easy to get ‘pigeon-holed’.
But what if you don’t want to limit your creativity and technical skills?
At Multiple Access Communications, you will use your diverse knowledge and skills to develop innovative solutions to unique problems.
You’re not going to be stuck developing endless iterations of an existing product line. Instead, you will use the full range of your skills in software and electronics to design systems and modules that solve real-world communication challenges.
We’re interested in speaking with you if you’re a recent graduate with some relevant work experience from a placement year, or if you have two- or three-years’ post-graduate experience in firmware development.
You need to have the following: –
- You must be a UK citizen, or have lived in the UK for the last 5 years (security clearance requirement).
- A minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience in FPGA design, embedded software development and modelling/simulation.
- A strong interest in radio communications / wireless networks.
- You love problem-solving, trying different approaches and innovative solutions.
This job is based in our Southampton office. We are working remotely at the moment, but will return to primarily office-based work when restrictions allow.
You’re going to be mentored by some of the industry’s leading wireless communication experts – working directly with Engineers that have developed technology for every generation of mobile communication system. This means you will gain in-depth knowledge of the fundamental technologies on which these systems are built and the specific way they are applied in the many commercial standards.
Salaries are £30k for fresh graduates, up to £40k if you have the right experience.
Want to know when we are recruiting?
Follow us on LinkedIn for our latest news and jobs. You can also Create a job alert for Multiple Access Communications Ltd to be notified when we post any new job adverts.
The benefits of working at MAC Ltd include
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies to make a real difference in a dynamic and agile environment
- Mentoring from world-leading industry experts
- Opportunities for training and continued professional development (CPD)
- A competitive salary that is linked to your performance
- An employee profit sharing scheme
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for flexible working
Multiple Access Communications Ltd is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).
Our customers include defence organisations and therefore you must be eligible for security check (SC) clearance. For more information and guidance please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels.
Recruitment agency policy.
We do not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact us as we will not consider candidates, respond to emails or take calls from recruitment agencies.
Please fill the form below.